In case of AOBRD Mode Device Malfunctions
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, if an AOBRD device malfunctions and prevents the accurate recording of the driver’s hours-of-service, the driver should take the following steps:
- Note the AOBRD malfunction (MasterELD can issue an official Record of Malfunction satisfying this requirement, for driver and carrier records).
- Reconstruct the record-of-duty status for the current 24 hour period, and also the previous consecutive 7 days. This can be done on graph paper, or electronic logs that comply with 49CFR 395.8 (Unless the driver can still retrieve such records from his AOBRD platform).
- Continue to use paper graph logs, or electronic graph-grid RODS in accordance with 49 CFR 395.8
In case of AOBRD malfunction, drivers should carry with them:
- Minimum 16 days of blank graph paper logbooks. Enough to cover the 8 previous days, and the next 8 days.
- MasterELD AOBRD Manual detailing what to do in case of AOBRD malfunction.
For any device malfunctions, please contact MasterELD Support at 833-353-2255.
Source: FMCSA FAQs section.